With your generous help, 275 children from 105 families will receive turkey or a grocery gift card, and boxes filled with food items for Thanksgiving day (dressing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, dessert) and food staples to help beyond the holiday (spaghetti sauce, pasta, cereal, rice, beans, and more). Concrete, tangible support during times of need is one of five “Protective Factors” supported by research as important in reducing family stress and helping to prevent child abuse.
The Five Protective Factors:
- Enhancing Parent Resilience
- Strengthening positive social connections
- Providing concrete support in times of need
- Facilitating knowledge of parenting skills and child development
- Supporting healthy social and emotional development in children